Friday, September 5, 2008

Coffee Grinders: Not Just for Grinding Coffee

Coffee Grinders are not just for grinding coffee. Consider getting 2 of them to keep in the kitchen. Not only can you have one for grinding your favorite roast coffee beans; you can also get one for spices and chocolate.Photobucketcoffee grinder: there are many types available

I have 2 coffee grinders in my kitchen and let me tell you they come in handy. I use one to grind up my favorite coffee beans (usually Starbuck's Cafe Verona, that is my favorite yummmmy!) and one for grinding spices such as nutmeg, allspice berries, whole cloves; just to name a few. I have even been known to grind chocolate when I need chocolate dust or chunks for garnishing desserts.

I have found it is more economical to buy the whole spices and it keeps longer than when you buy it already ground. You could save about 50 cents to $1 per pound when buying whole spices.

Whole spices have better flavor and if you need ground spices for something and whole spices for something else, all you have to do is grind what you need and only have to buy one jar of spice when you grind your own. I like not having to buy more than I need and only grinding it when I need it, makes perfect sense to me!

Just make sure you wash them after each use so your chocolate doesn't taste like allspice and your coffee doesn't taste like cloves, and vice versa.


Digg!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: