Sunday, May 17, 2009

Zucchini Bread

Here is a wonderful recipe for an easy Zucchini Bread. It came from my mother in law who is the master at making this bread. It is such an easy recipe that she has been making for years and years; my kids love it anytime. I made 2 loaves out of this recipe and they were gone within a day and a half by my kids, I did not get any! What is up with that? The Cooking Dad never got any either. Now I have to go buy more zucchini so I can make more, this time maybe I will load up and make about 10 loaves and freeze some, that way maybe we can get some before the kids eat it all. Well, here is the awesome recipe!

Zucchini Bread

3 C flour
2 C sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 C vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
2 C shredded zucchini



Mix all ingredients together. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.



See... I said super simple and it was.

Notes:
Some other variations that she has done with this recipe to change it up a little.
- Add 1 cup raisins
- Add 1 cup diced apple
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips (seriously, the chocolate chips tastes really good in this bread, I thought it was funny at first, until I tasted it... delicious!)
- Spraying the loaf pans with cooking spray is ok too; that is what I did because I did not feel like greasing and flouring and it worked fine.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Meg said...

Looks delicious! I will have to try it with chocolate chips!

Caitlin said...

I love me some zucchini bread! I like to create a corn bread with zucchini in it...drool...