Sunday, May 31, 2009

Decadent Chocolate Cake

This is the cake I made for my and my mother-in-law's birthdays for the big BBQ we had this weekend. It was so good I just have to share where I got the recipe and what I did to make it so yummy! It was received well by everyone.

Also, this is my last day of NaBloPoMo and I did it!! I did 31 blog posts in 31 days for the whole month of May, I did it!! I will do it again, just not the rest of the summer because we have many many plans this summer for fun things outside. But I can say that I did it! Ok, back to the cake.

The cake recipe I used was one I found from a fellow food blogger at Food and Passion and it was wonderful! So moist and chocolaty, it was just what the doctor ordered for a great chocolate fix. I made it even more decadent because I put in Philly Cheesecake filling in between the layers. The cheesecake just gave it that something that put it over the edge of rich and yummy! Other than that I followed her directions to the letter to make this cake and the chocolate ganache that frosted the outside of this cake.

Check it out! It was fantastic! Try it yourself, very easy recipe. Here is the link to that recipe one more time: Food and Passion Dark and Moist One Bowl Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache and now here are some more pictures to convince you to go visit Food and Passion and make this cake!

Here is the cake before frosting with the chocolate ganache. I took the 2 thick layers the recipe made and cut them in half to make a 4 layer cake to have more cheesecake filling. It was so good!

This is the cake after frosting with the chocolate ganache.

And here is the slice, before I gobbled it up! It was so yummy and rich, one slice was enough... for now! Having some more later!


Now, if that isn't enough to convince you to go make this cake... I don't know what else to do. It is that good, and so easy to make. The instructions for this cake were so simple, that makes it even better! Go make some! You will be glad you did!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Happy Birthday!!! That slice of cake looks delicious.
Congrats on NaBloPoMo, too.

Devoted for Life said...

Hi Brenda! Thanks so much for checking out my blog and the making the choc cake and ganache...and thanks to Martha Stewart for the great recipe for the cake!

The cheesecake filling sounds just sinful! Gotta try that one!

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Rico said...

Is nice to be decadent once in a while and if one has to be might as well be eating this cake with a nice hot thick chocolate topped with whipped cream and marsh mellows as well as a flake. all these chocolates together enough to send me to heaven. lol lovely cake well presented thx for sharing. Kisses xxx
By the way jelly=jell-o hehe!!

Pickled Polkadot said...

Mmmmmm this looks delicious :-)

Tluxe said...

Hey there,

We have been reading the articles on your website and are very impressed with the quality of your information.

We have a team of copywriters who specialize in writing articles on various topics and would like to write an original article for you to use on your website – this article will not be used anywhere else on the Internet.

In exchange all we ask is that we can have one or two links within the body of the article back to one of our sites.
If you are interested in having us write an article for your website please just let me know and we would be more than happy to have one written for you within two weeks.

Kind regards,
Papia