Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Topsy Turvy vs Homemade Week 3

Well last week, I thought it was the end of the Topsy Turvy tomato plant. However, this week has brought a pleasant surprise. That plant has started to perk up a bit and is growing new leaves. Good news for me! I still have my doubts but we will see how it goes. I am not going to count out the Topsy Turvy until the plant is dead and leaves have shriveled away. Now I think it will perk up and become a great plant. Time will tell however.

A couple observations this week:

- The upside down plants do not need to be watered as much as the potted plant. The sponges in the bottom of the planters stay wet which is still allowing the roots to gain water.
- The upside down plants do not get as much sun as the potted plants. I am guessing that it is because they are shaded by the planter mechanism directly over the plants whereas the potted plant is always exposed when the sun is out.

Interesting...
Well form your own opinion on how they are doing by watching this video of this weeks progress and see the growth for yourself.


As for the NaBloPoMo, I am on day 12 and so far doing fine! I have been busy this month so there will be alot of good blog posts on the way. We are cooking a lot of different things and experimenting more with food and other topics. I am on my way to beating this challenge, and have NOT felt the difficulty of it yet. We will see how I am doing when it comes down to day 20 or 24 or something like that. Have a great day!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: