Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Peppered Pot Roast

I had a hankering for some pot roast but, I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to prepare it. I decided to just put some things together and hope for the best. My husband said this was by far the best pot roast I have put on the table! I made a dry rub for the roast first and let it sit on the meat for no less than 24 hours before putting it into the crock pot to work its magic. It was so easy and uses not a lot of ingredients; all of which a person would have in their kitchen most of the time. So here it is, my latest creation.

Peppered Pot Roast

1 3-4 lb beef chuck roast
2 Tbsp black pepper
2 Tbsp granulated garlic
1 Tbsp coarse salt
1 tsp season salt
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp brown sugar
dash cinnamon
1/3 cup dr pepper
1/3 cup red wine
1/3 cup water

Mix together the dry ingredients and rub liberally all over the roast. Let sit in the refrigerator for no less than 24 hours so the meat can absorb the flavors. Next day, put in crock pot with the liquids and turn on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Enjoy!!

Tips:
- if you do not want a really spicy pepper flavor, just decrease pepper to 1 Tbsp and add another tsp brown sugar to tone that down.
- strain the drippings to make a fantastic gravy by adding 1 Tbsp corn starch with enough water to make a cornstarch liquid and cook and stir until thickened on the stove.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

annies home said...

Sounds great thanks for stopping by my blog and entering a great contest come back again as there are always great ones goin on.