Friday, March 6, 2009

Applesauce Glazed Pork Chops


The other day I was thinking to myself... what the heck am I going to make with these pork chops that I have thawed out in the fridge? I stewed all day long on how to make these pork chops and then it came to me. Pork chops and applesauce go together. (remember Peter Brady on The Brady Bunch saying, "pork chops and applesauce, ain't that swell?) Well the recipe I created is pretty swell utilizing pork chops and applesauce put together in this combination of sweet and savory dish that my whole family loved. I used my own homemade applesauce so that the glaze is chunky and ohhhh so yummy!

Applesauce Glazed Pork Chops

4 pork chops
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp each salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp BBQ sauce

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients except pork. Mix well. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Put pork chops in, and cover with glaze. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done (it is done when a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees).

Tips:
- Cooking it at a lower temperature for a longer time makes the pork more tender and juicy rather than drying out.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I had to laugh at your comment about the pork chops in the fridge. We must have the same fridge! Thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a go.

Meg said...

Love the combination of flavors!

Coleens Recipes said...

This recipe is delicious!!! The sauce is fantastic.