Monday, March 16, 2009

Herb Roasted Red Potatoes

Here is a great potato dish that is super simple and tastes so yummy. These are my Herb Roasted Red Potatoes (even though the photo does NOT do them justice, sorry bout that). I made these when I did my Corned Beef and Cabbage in Beer for dinner and they were very good. You do not need anything fancy to make these, and as long as you can turn on an oven and shake a ziplock bag then anyone can make these.

Herb Roasted Red Potatoes

6-8 red potatoes (skins left on, washed and quartered)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic
2 tsp parsley
dash of seasoning salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put potatoes and ingredients in ziplock bag and shake to coat potatoes. Pour them out onto greased cookie sheet (I just spray with cooking spray) and put the potatoes skin side down and bake in oven for 1 hour. Enjoy!

Variations:
- add some parmesan cheese for a nice flavor
- can also put green onions or onion slices in with potatoes before roasting
- rosemary is also good on these potatoes

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Meg said...

Delicious!

MaryBeth said...

These are wonderful little taters to have with corned beef, I made my St. Patties meal last and posted almost the same taters last night.

Khalil Alsalman said...

yummy and simple, I like easy recipes.

Heidi said...

These look great. I was looking for potatoes to go with my dinner tonight and I think these may be the winner!

Anonymous said...

interesting.. i will try this...thanx