Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza


The other night I was watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay and he was making Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza. I had a sudden craving for some right now. I tried and tried to make a dough comparable to what I had seen on TV but I could not get it right after many attempts so I finally broke down and used a recipe from a great site I found. The site is Pizza Making.com and this recipe I used is an adaptation from Pizzeria Uno in Chicago. It turned out wonderful and the whole family loved it. I am not going to post the actual recipe as you can click to the exact page where I got my recipe from and print it out yourself. It is very good, although time consuming but well worth the wait. But here are the pictures of the steps I did to get my wonderful pizza. I made a classic cheese and sausage and olive version since the dough recipe does make a lot of dough.

This is step 1 after making the dough, you have to form it into the pan and up the sides. The dough is very pliable and so this is very easy to do.



Then you add the cheese slices. We just used a basic mozzarella cheese.



With the classic cheese, next you would add the sauce like we did here. If you are making it with additional toppings, you would add them here before the sauce. Later after the classic cheese, we made another pizza and added Italian sausage and olives.



Then bake in the oven at a high temperature, we baked at 475 degrees for about 35 minutes. The crust inside stays very soft and fluffy while it gets crispy on the outside and is just wonderful to hold all that topping within the pizza. Notice how the crust gets a nice golden brown and the sauce should be a little bubbly.



Then take it out and top it with some parmesan cheese. I used a shredded fresh parmesan rather than what you shake out of a can and it was more flavorful. Serve right away. But, be careful as this is going to be very hot!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This looks so good. I love deep dish pizza!