Monday, March 16, 2009

Corned Beef and Cabbage in Beer


Happy St Patrick's Day!! Ok so I am a day early on this one. I thought my husband was going to be gone tomorrow night, so I thought that I would make this tonight instead so he can enjoy one of his favorite meals. This corned beef is so easy to make and it just takes time to cook in the crock pot, but it is worth the wait. I cook this in beer and it gives it a really nice flavor. Plus leftover corned beef makes some other amazing dishes (but those are other blog posts). You just add the cabbage in the last hour of cooking and walah! you have a great St Patrick's Day meal. If you want the green beer, just tint some beer with green food coloring to make the meal complete. Lite beer works best for green beer.

Corned Beef and Cabbage in Beer

1 corned beef brisket (use the seasoning packet that comes with most briskets at the store, it adds a lot of flavor with the beer)
1 cup Guiness beer
1/2 head cabbage, quartered

In the crock pot, cook the corned beef brisket with the beer for 4 hours on low. Then add the cabbage; put it below the brisket so the beer flavors the cabbage and cook for another hour. Serve with potatoes. (I made my amazing Herb Roasted Red Potatoes)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I love corned beef....I just posted our version tonight. Yours looks great!!!