Monday, October 6, 2008

Answering a Question About Pumpkin Cake

Here is a question that I recently received about the Pumpkin Raisin Cake.

"Do you think reducing the amount of oil, would make it drier?"

You know, I really do not know. I have never reduced the amount because I like a really moist cake. If I was going to reduce the amount of oil, I would maybe try 1/2 cup and see how that went. It is possible it would be drier but I really do not know as I have never tried it. I am sorry I cannot answer this question fully, but I would just say try it and let me know how it goes.

Another suggestion that I just got from a friend who knows about my pumpkin cake is that she would reduce the oil to 1/2 cup and the eggs from 4 to 2 eggs and maybe that would make it more like a regular cake rather than so moist like this cake. Worth a try. Let me know how it goes if you decide to try it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: