Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mocha-zazz BBQ Rub

I love BBQ rubs on meats! They make the meat taste so yummy and really tenderizes some cuts. If you let the rub sit on the meat overnight, it turns into something really special because it oozes yumminess! With coffee in the rub, it turns it to Mocha-zazz and gives a rich nutty flavor to the meat. The pilot run of the Mocha-zazz rub was on pork loin roast. I baked it in the oven since the BBQ has since run out of propane (Richard needs to get some more) and it was wonderful so here is what I did:



Mocha-zazz BBQ Rub

1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup Kosher salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp granulated garlic
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp coffee (right from the can, not instant)
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp season salt
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp cocoa powder (you do not need much, since it is a strong flavor but meshes well with the coffee and other seasonings)
dash nutmeg

Mix together and put into ziplock bag and label. Keep in dry cool place.

Use your favorite meat (I used pork loin roast) and rub liberally all over all of the meat. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.

When I did the pork roast, I preheated the oven to 325 degrees. I baked the pork for 2 hours. Let it stand for 20 minutes. Slice and enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Gloria Chadwick said...

This rub sounds really good and your pork looks delicious. I love coffee and I'll "Mocha-zazz" my next roast. :)

Kathy Blais said...

I've always wanted to try a coffee rub, and your recipe sounds delicious! I'll have to try it out this week.

Heidi said...

Another great way to sneak in that chocolate fix!

yuli said...

hi, this is my first visit, i saw this very good site and good information. thanks for sharing