Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Apple Cranberry Pecan Stuffing


I love this stuffing and so does my family, since I found this recipe Thanksgiving 2006. It tastes so good with the sweetness of the cranberries and apples that goes with the savory of the onion, celery, and spices of stuffing. This recipe comes from Kraft Foods and Family magazine (of which I subscribe to faithfully) Holiday 2006 edition. You can subscribe to Kraft Food and Family magazine from this link. It is easy and best of all, it is FREE! Notice in the picture that you can see the apple chunks and the cranberries, it is what makes this dish so unique. YUMMY!!

Apple Cranberry Pecan Stuffing

3 cups apple juice
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 small apples, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
2 pkg (6 oz each) Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Bring juice and butter/margarine to a boil in medium saucepan on high heat. Stir in apples, cranberries, and stuffing mix. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in pecans. Makes 16 servings.

Notes:
- I added 1/2 cup celery and onion mixed for some crunchy to this stuffing.
- I cut this recipe in half since it was just my family, not a large crowd. I prepared this right before cooking the turkey and put it in the turkey to mix with the drippings and butter from the turkey. You can also serve this separately as a great side dish without having it stuffed into the turkey; in that case, prepare while turkey is resting, it is very quick to make.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: