Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Danish Aebelskiver From Melinda Lee's Great Site

This is a cool recipe I found on this site Melinda Lee's page for Aebelskiver and then I used my own homemade raspberry jam for one filling and my homemade applesauce for the other filling. We just wanted something different for breakfast one day, and I had just seen something about these little gems on Food Network. I thought I have one of those pans, that looks fun for the kids while preparing something different than the same old pancakes or waffles. They went over big! It is some extra work but they tasted so good. Just visit Melinda Lee's site, she has all kinds of great foods on there, this particular page takes you to her Aebelskiver recipe.

Here is the pan you use:

You can get one of these at Aebelskiver Pan page from Cre8tive Kitchen Store. They come in cast iron, or aluminum. Cast iron is better and they are not expensive at all.

With the raspberry filling, I sprinkled them with powdered sugar and garnished with more raspberry jam, you can also put a little dollop of whipped cream on the side also.


With the applesauce filling, I made a crumb topping with some butter, brown sugar and a little cinnamon. It carmelizes over the hot aebelskiver and then you can serve some additional applesauce on the side. Caramel would probably be really good with them to make a dessert aebelskiver too. Then some whipped cream wouldn't hurt either.


Just check out Melinda Lee's site for more great ideas for all sorts of great recipes and then check out my store for the kitchen tools needed to pull off some of her recipes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: